There is something compulsive about setting New Year’s resolutions; the majority of resolutions are often unattained. In reflecting on this upcoming year, there are a number of things that I would like to see happen and certainly will lend my support and energy to achieve; they are:
- Restored funding for mental health services for special education students in California
- Full funding for CalWORKS
- Federal funding for a White House Conference on At Risk Children and Youth
- A stable family for every child in the foster care system
- Peace and Joy in our world!
- Prepare to apply to the Council on Accreditation by July 2011
- Fully implement all aspects of the Open Doors demonstration project regarding residential based services
- Develop strategies to fully utilize the services offered at Hillsides Education Center
- Determine a plan for further development of Youth Moving On
No matter what the specific resolutions may be, what is essential is continuing to be tireless in effectively addressing the needs of the children, youth and families we serve.