Last night at Bar Celona in Pasadena’s Old Towne was the festive launch of our annual fundraiser Foster Soles. Chaired by Dr. Drew Pinsky, host of Dr. Drew on HLN, Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew and Loveline, the kickoff event and the online auction of celebrity items in May has served in a particular way to increase awareness about the challenges facing children in the foster care system. More than 500,000 children are in foster are nationwide and 34,000 receive child welfare services in Los Angeles alone.
We are fortunate to have supporters like Dr. Drew and Susan Pinsky, who are so willing to advocate for the services and programs we provide to vulnerable children and families. They, along with Hillsides Foster Soles Committee, have reached out to their celebrity friends to garner more than 150 auction items for this year’s event.
- Elton John and band autographed guitar strap
- Foo Fighters autographed drum top REMO Weatherking Emperor X
- Burn Notice Cast of 7 donated items worn on the set of Burn Notice
- Janet Jackson autographed silver and blue Nike Shox TL2 tennis shoes size 7.5
- Jennifer Lopez autographed black and gold Adidas ME lace-up boots size 7.5, autographed Jennifer Lopez “LOVE?” album, autographed Glow by JLo eau de toiletter (100ml) and autographed Glow by JLo body lotion and autographed headshot
- Apparel and handbags from Alyssa Milano (t-shirts from her collection) and Jenny McCarthy (handbag)
- Shoes from Elton John Reese Witherspoon, Hilary Swank, Denzel Washington, Billy Ray Cyrus, Jon Cryer, Janet Jackson, Dancing With the Stars dancers, Mario Lopez, George Lopez, Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Kimmel, to name a few
- Athletic shoes and apparel from Sugar Ray Leonard (shoes and robe!), Dodgers James Loney, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert Horry, LA Strikers, Stan Smith, James Stewart Jr.
- Autographed books by Tori Spelling, Nancy Grace, James Van Praagh, Chelsea Handler, Kristi Yamaguchi, Lara Spencer
- Celebrity experiences include: Meet ‘N’ Greets on the set of “The Community” with Joel McHale; Meet ‘N’ Greet on the set of Extra! with Mario Lopez; Behind-the-Scenes at HLN with Dr. Drew Pinsky; 30 minute session with self-proclaimed medium, James Van Praagh; VIP tickets to “The Price is Right;” Two tickets on the New TMZ Hollywood Tour – Secrets & Celebrity Hotspots
- Dress worn on the red carpet premiere of “True Blood” by Janina Gavankar
- Designer jeweler from Cristina Ferrare Design and SN Queens